Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA [Fixed 11.04]

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA [Fixed 11.04]

    Arlington, TX and Arlington, VA switch places every time you open up the City Editor and close it. The problem with this lies in the Rangers, based in Arlington. I chose the first Arlington in the league editor (as they arent differentied between) because at the time the city editor listed Arlington, TX first. Now, every time you close and open the city editor, the Arlingtons siwtch, drastically lowering Texas's payroll budget.

    A similar problem ahppesn with the Nationals and Orioles, though I cant figure out why. Every time you open up and close the city editor, the Washington budget changes between two numbrs.

    EDIT: It's been figured out that removing the Arlington, Virginia from the City Editor does away with this issue. The problem is that when the city editor is opened the two Arlington's "swap", and Texas gets put into Virginia, causing an effect on the teams around it - Baltimore and Washington.
    Last edited by HoustonGM; 08-21-2007 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14

    10.24 Rangers in Virginia

    Minor bug, I know, but it's still a bug. The Rangers are showing as being in Arlington, VA rather than Arlington, TX.

  3. #3
    learning2fly_24 Guest

    10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA

    I started a franchise in the year 1911. Around 1969-1971 whenever it the Senators (I think) move to Arlington to become the Texas Rangers...it makes their home city Arlington, Va instead of Arlington TX.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    34

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    As far as cities go the Yankees are based in Manhattan in the game though it should be the Bronx.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Edison, NJ
    Posts
    15,878

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    ****, this is the exact sort of thing I was hoping someone would post before .25J was posted so that CLay could get to it without having to revisit this issue. Don't be shy folks, post this stuff? Can't find the thread? One of us will, just post!!!
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    No. Va., Loudoun County
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    There is a user fix for this until a patch fixes if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if step 2 below is actually necessary but did it out of an abundance of caution (not sure what may go wrong with deleting a city a current team resides in). I tested this and it works on mine (10.24).

    STEP 1) Go to League Options, check Commissioner Mode.
    STEP 2) Go to League Editor, Texas Rangers, change their home city to Augusta (or some city other than Arlington), and click Done.
    STEP 3) Go to City Editor, in pull down menu select Arlington, VA; click Erase City, then click Done.
    STEP 4) Go to League Editor, Texas Rangers, change their home city to Arlington. then click Done.
    STEP 5) Go to League Options, uncheck Commisioner Mode.

    This should do it if anyone is interested until a possible patch addresses it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    There is a user fix for this until a patch fixes if anyone is interested. I'm not sure if step 2 below is actually necessary but did it out of an abundance of caution (not sure what may go wrong with deleting a city a current team resides in). I tested this and it works on mine (10.24).

    STEP 1) Go to League Options, check Commissioner Mode.
    STEP 2) Go to League Editor, Texas Rangers, change their home city to Augusta (or some city other than Arlington), and click Done.
    STEP 3) Go to City Editor, in pull down menu select Arlington, VA; click Erase City, then click Done.
    STEP 4) Go to League Editor, Texas Rangers, change their home city to Arlington. then click Done.
    STEP 5) Go to League Options, uncheck Commisioner Mode.

    This should do it if anyone is interested until a possible patch addresses it.
    Interestingly enough, getting rid of Arlington, Virginia also gets rid of the problem that exists that I linked to - the payroll budgets of Baltimore, Washington, and Texas changing from one number to another every time the city editor is opened and closed. Yes, removing Arlington, VA fixes the problem for all THREE cities, not just Texas...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    No. Va., Loudoun County
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM View Post
    Interestingly enough, getting rid of Arlington, Virginia also gets rid of the problem that exists that I linked to - the payroll budgets of Baltimore, Washington, and Texas changing from one number to another every time the city editor is opened and closed. Yes, removing Arlington, VA fixes the problem for all THREE cities, not just Texas...
    I'm not sure, Houston, but I think the problem you are talking about concerns the competition for fans bewteen cities that are close to each other. I read in the help file that the game used longitude and latitude to determine if two teams were close enough to compete for fans. Therefore, when the Rangers were in Arlington, VA, it may be that the competition for fans was being recomputed every time the city editor was opened, and now that the Rangers are in the proper Arlington, that's not happening. Not sure if that's it, but its a possible explanation anyway.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: Texas Rangers problem....

    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    I'm not sure, Houston, but I think the problem you are talking about concerns the competition for fans bewteen cities that are close to each other. I read in the help file that the game used longitude and latitude to determine if two teams were close enough to compete for fans. Therefore, when the Rangers were in Arlington, VA, it may be that the competition for fans was being recomputed every time the city editor was opened, and now that the Rangers are in the proper Arlington, that's not happening. Not sure if that's it, but its a possible explanation anyway.
    Wow that actually sounds pretty logical. What I think was probably happening though was that every time the city editor was opened, the Texas city would switch from Arlington, VA to Arlington, TX, so when Texas was properly positioned to the Texas Arlington, Baltimore and Washington (and, obviously, Texas) saw their accurate, higher budgets. When the city editor opened again, and the pointer moved to Arlington, VA, the game sees 3 teams in the immediate area, and the budgets plummeted.

    This bug has been stumping me for a year or so.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    No. Va., Loudoun County
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: 10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA

    I suppose another simple workaround would be to put the Rangers home city as Dallas. Arlington is right between Dallas and Fort Forth, very very close.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Edison, NJ
    Posts
    15,878

    Re: 10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA

    True, that would work. But eventually a bunch of Rangers fans would start saying that the Rangers are in the wrong city. When the problem is fixed, it should be fixed correctly the first time, you know?

    but of course, your talking about a workaround for us until Clay can fix the problem, aren't you?
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    45,249

    Re: 10.25K Texas Rangers and Arlington. VA

    Yes, he is, I believe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •