Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Albe7916 View Post
    Mr SirKodiak-----can't seem to find how to correct this minor issue. I am using BBMO7---ver 9.45---------every time I have a 5 man rotation and I simm the entire year, the 5th starter ends up with lik only 3 or 4 starts??????????? Not due to injuries of any sort---the game seems to always "skip" the fifth starter??
    any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Go to your Strategies > Pitcher Use, and move "Start on Short Rest" to the left.

Thats a Q&A that definately should to be added to the FAQ though.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

True.

I updated the FAQ with an answer about 5th starters.
    You insist that there is something a machine cannot do. If you will tell me precisely what it is that a machine cannot do, then I can always make a machine which will do just that! -J. von Neumann

The link in that question for the picture brings up a page that says

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

ok, thanks. I fixed that by simply removing the link. with [IMG] code turned off in this forum, the picture would have to be an attachment at the bottom of the post. So, instead of trying to work around that, I just removed the problem.
    *shrug*

What does the GB% for pitchers under the skill tab stand for?

Ground ball percentage. The amount of pitches that a pitcher throws (well, opposing batters faced) for hits that are hit as ground balls.

Quote Originally Posted by ohms_law View Post
    Ground ball percentage. The amount of pitches that a pitcher throws (well, opposing batters faced) for hits that are hit as ground balls.
    I don't think it's just pitches thrown that are HITS, wlel, if you're going by the baseball statistic "hit." Which I'm not sure which one you're going by. More specifically, it's the percentage of pitches thrown that are put into play as groundballs.

GB% should be :

(the number of balls put in play that bounce in the infield) / (all balls put in play)

and the GB% under the skill tab I believe is the % from either the previous season or the current season, depending on which it is looked at.

Right, I just did a terrible job saying that is all. The worst part is that I knew it was a bad way to describe it while I was writing it, but at the time I just couldn't come up with anything better. Must have been because I was tired.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKodiak View Post

and the GB% under the skill tab I believe is the % from either the previous season or the current season, depending on which it is looked at.
    It's actually career.

You can confirm this by going into the edit player page, and changing through the this season/last season/career tabs.

As it stands now, the ground ball perecent is just like randomly generated when you create a new game, so a lot of groundball pitchers have low groundball ratios and vice versa if you're using real players...

Thanks Houston,

My computer has degraded enough I can't play BM anymore, so I was trying to remember what it was that was off about GB%

Is there a way to carry 13 pitchers and 12 batters instead of the 14-11 combo in BBM2k8?

Not currently