Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

READ FIRST: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions on the Baseball Mogul Forum

Baseball Mogul Frequently Asked Questions Web Page

1. Where can I find online help files?
    2. How do I make a screenshot?
      Clay posted instructions on how to capture screenshots in this thread: How To Make A Screen Shot
    3. How do I post an attachment (picture/screenshot, mog file, text file, etc.)? How do I post box scores and game recaps (of the text version)?
    4. What types of attachments can I upload to my post?
      bmp, doc, gif, jpe, jpeg, jpg, mog, pdf, png, psd, txt, zip
    5. What is a mog?
      A mog is a saved game file. It is usually located in the folder that you installed your game in. (Usually c:/Program Files/Sports Mogul/Baseball 2007)
    6. When is Baseball Mogul released?
      There is no official release date, but typically the next version of the game is released sometime in mid to late March. Work on the Beta version of next season's game typically begins in December. Clay ran a (chaotic) public beta prior to releasing Baseball Mogul 2008, but decided to keep work in house for Baseball Mogul 2009. If any public work is going to occur, Clay will make an announcement on the forums.
    7. What version am I using?
      The version number is displayed on the title bar, in the form 11.xx, where xx is a number. Or you can find out by clicking on Help > About Baseball Mogul and it will show you a box with the version at the top, but in a slightly different form: version 11.25 would read Version 11.2.5.0.
    8. How do I get the most current official version (patch)?
      It usually automatically downloads, but can usually get it by going to Help > Check for New Version in the game (if your computer is hooked up to the internet), or by looking in the Baseball Mogul: Bug Reports forum for a post near the top from Clay Dreslough like Sticky: Official Patch: Version x.xx, or by going to Baseball Mogul Patches
    9. Should I use the latest official or unofficial patch?
      While the lastest unofficial patch probably fixes some problems or has improvements on the latest official patch, it is strongly recommend that anyone who is new to the game or not experienced in dealing with bugs stick to the OFFICIAL patches. The unofficial patches are only for testing purposes, and may introduce more problems or be unstable. Official patches are usually very stable.
    10. Where can I see a list of known bugs and technical issues?
      This thread in the Baseball Mogul: Bug Reports forum has a list: READ BEFORE POSTING: List of Known Bugs
    11. How am I most likely to see the bug that I posted be addressed?
      The Baseball Mogul: Bug Reports forum is different than the other forums located on this message board. Being that it's technical in nature, the requirement's for posting a new thread there are more stringent. In order to keep things as organized as possible, please follow the rules as outlined in the How to File a Good Bug Report thread.
    12. I've never heard of this pitch, where do I find out more about it?
    13. How do I make/edit rosters?
      There is an official Sports Mogul web page on the subject: Editing Rosters Using Baseball Mogul 2007. Be sure to also read and ask questions in the Baseball Mogul: Mods forum.
    14. Where do I find updated rosters?
      Several people have posted some terrific rosters in the Baseball Mogul: Mods forum.
    15. How do I run Baseball Mogul on a Netbook (or old computer)?
      Baseball Mogul 2010 is designed for screens that are 1024 pixels wide, by 768 pixels high (or larger). If you are running on a smaller screen (most netbooks are only 600 pixels high), then you can change the 'Dialog Size Adjustment' to make the game fit on your screen. In the Tools Menu is a section called 'Options'. Next to 'Dialog Size Adjustment', enter a negative number ('-2' works well for most netbooks). This should allow the interface elements to fit on your screen.
    16. Whats, whys, hows of Payroll Budget
    17. How does Personality affect gameplay?
    18. I set my pitching rotation to be 5-man, but my 5th starter never get's used. Why?
      In the Team menu, there is a menu item listed for Strategies. This brings up a dialog that presents you with various ways that you can adjust the managerial behavior of your team when you simulate games. In that dialog box, select Pitcher Use Strategies from the drop down list box. On the Pitcher Use screen, if you adjust the slider for "start on short rest" further to the left then your order becomes more strict. Moving the slider to the right causes your pitching rotation to be more mixed, so that the AI will attempt to start your higher rated pitchers more often. Obviously, making your order more strict will cause the AI to start your fifth starter more often.
    19. What is the save rule?
      SAVES FOR RELIEF PITCHERS
      From MLB.com, rule 10.20

Credit a pitcher with a save when he meets all three of the following conditions:
      1. He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his club; and
      2. He is not the winning pitcher; and
      3. He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
        1. He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning; or
        2. He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck (that is, the potential tying run is either already on base or is one of the first two batsmen he faces); or
        3. He pitches effectively for at least three innings.

No more than one save may be credited in each game.

To clarify, the pitcher, in order to get a save, must meet all of 1, and all of 2, and one of the conditions in 3 (a or b or c)
    20. Can I add new teams and run an expansion draft?
      Currently, there is no way to run an expansion draft for a newly added team. There have been user-created methods posted to manually conduct such a draft, if you wish to spend the time doing so. One example can be found in this thread.
    Last edited by Clay Dreslough; 07-12-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Added expansion draft question

Re: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

I probably missed a lot, post them and I'll add them.

Whoever has the power, please make this sticky!

Good idea SirKodiak.

I'll probably categorize them when there are enough to categorize them.

added Should I use the latest official or unofficial patch?

Always wondered, but never wanted ask. How do I put a link to another web site or other thread in my post.

thank you

Any more ideas of what should be added to this?

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

screenshots - how they are made

differences between BMM & BMO

Screenshots are already there...

I'll do something for BBM vs BMO soon

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SirKodiak View Post
    Screenshots are already there...
    Sorry for being picky but in your list its how to add screenshoots to posts NOT how to make screenshoots in the first place (It took me 4 or 5 days when I joined to find the right sticky)

look at 3rd question, titled "How do I make a screenshot?" with this link http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=71964

FRENCHREDSOX Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SirKodiak View Post
    look at 3rd question, titled "How do I make a screenshot?" with this link http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?t=71964
    Apologies

I skipped it COMPLETELY & focused on 8

SORRY SK