Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: [Insert Clever Name for Atlanta Braves Dynasty here]

[Insert Clever Name for Atlanta Braves Dynasty here]

You may (or may not) know me from my rosters and photo sets. I've never done a dynasty, but after reading HoustonGM's Diamondbacks one I thought I'd give it a shot. Since I'm pretty new at this, I'm basically going to copy his format. I will be using a roster of my own, updated as of June 24, 2006. Let's just pretend John Schuerholz doesn't exist, because the Braves GM is now Chris Nelson.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyWebNet View Post
    I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by glennrwordman View Post
    You may be the greatest American of all time. Of this I have no doubt.

Re: [Insert Clever Name for Atlanta Braves Dynasty here]

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 1, 2006

Welcome to 96 Rock, your source for round-the-clock coverage of the Atlanta Braves as they go for their 15th straight division title. Of course, we will also fill you in on any major news around Major League Baseball. Former Braves second baseman, commentator and baseball expert Mark Lemke will be here to give you all the info and answer any questions you may have, so call in!

New Braves General Manager Chris Nelson is not shy about making trades and is said to be shopping many prospects and some major leaguers as well. He is apparently looking to craft this into "his" team right from the start. Don't be surprised to see a flurry of transactions before the beginning of the 2006 season.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I am using HoustonGM's rosters and ChrisJNelson's picture packs.... because if you don't, then why even bother playing the game?

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 3, 2006

Word has it Braves G.M. Chris Nelson has quite a few teams on the phone talking trade. We'll let you know as soon as anything goes official, but for now here is an update on currently injured players on the Braves roster:

-LF/1B Brian Jordan, RP Phil Stockman, RP Chris Reitsma and SP John Thomson will likely be out for about first two weeks to begin the regular season.
    -SP Kyle Davies will miss the first two months of the regular season.
    -OF Kelly Johnson, SP Mike Hampton, RP Blaine Boyer and RP John Foster will miss the entire 2006 season.

It's worth noting that, while all of these players are currently on the disabled list, there is still a chance they could be included in trade package. Atlanta is said to be particularly interested in unloading the $14.33 million contract of SP Mike Hampton.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 3, 2006

Atlanta acquires veteran reliever Timlin from Red Sox

Chris Nelson has made his first trade as general manager of the Atlanta Braves, acquiring veteran RP Mike Timlin from the Boston Red Sox in exchange for 2B Pete Orr, C Todd Pratt and C Eddie Perez. When asked to comment, here is what Nelson had to say:

"The bullpen is the area we're most concerned about going into the season, and we felt Timlin would be a good veteran addition to the team. We're currently searching for a closer and, barring future acquisitions, Mike is a guy that could be considered for that role.

"The trading of two veteran catchers simply shows that we are confident in 24-year-old Brayan Pena's ability to be our backup to Brian McCann."

Timlin, 40, had one of his best seasons in 2005 with the Boston Red Sox, going 7-3 with 13 saves and a 2.24 ERA in 81 appearances.

The speedy 26-year-old Orr had a good first season with Atlanta in 2005, hitting .300 in 150 at-bats.

Pratt, 39, was signed earlier in the offseason after spending the past five seasons with the Philadelphia Phillies.

Perez, an 11-year veteran, spent the past two seasons with the Braves and was also with the team from 1995-2001.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I'm loving it so far!

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 7, 2006

Braves Swap Six For Arizona's Clark

The Atlanta Braves sent four minor league prospects and two major leaguers to the Arizona Diamondbacks in exhanges for 33-year-old 1B Tony Clark. C Dax Norris, 1B Carlos Mendez, 2B Cesar Crespo and SS Luis Hernandez will join LF/1B Brian Jordan and OF Kelly Johnson on their way to the Diamondbacks.

Clark revived his career with Arizona in 2005 after struggling the previous three seasons with in stints with the Mets and Red Sox. In 130 games with the Diamondbacks, Clark belted 30 homeruns, 87 RBI and hit .304. With prospect Conor Jackson expected to take over at first base for Arizona in 2006, Clark was likely going to be relegated to a bench role. While he likely won't be a full-time starter in Atlanta, he should see fairly significant playing time.

"Clark is a player we have liked for a long time, and I thought he would be a good addition to our team at this point in time," said Braves G.M. Chris Nelson. His ability to switch hit will allow us to platoon him at first base with LaRoche. You'll likely see Adam in there against righties and Clark in there against southpaws. We feel this should benefit both players in terms of productivity."

LF/1B Brian Jordan, 39, hit .247 after rejoining the Braves in 2005. He was also with the team from 1999-2001. OF Kelly Johnson, 24, hit .241 in 290 at-bats during his rookie campaign with the Braves in 2005. He is expected to miss the entire 2006 season due to injury.

31-year-old 1B Carlos Mendez spent last season with Atlanta's AAA affiliate, the Richmond Braves. He hit .222 in 45 at-bats with the Baltimore Orioles in 2002 - his only major league playing time. 2B Cesar Crespo, 26, is a career .192 hitter with the Boston Red Sox and San Diego Padres.

34-year-old C Dax Norris and 21-year-old SS Luis Hernandez have never reached the major leagues.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 14, 2006

Braves solidify rotation, bullpen with acquisition of Lowry and Worrell

The Atlanta Braves sent a whopping 13 players, including a few of their top prospects, to the San Francisco Giants today in exchange for two pitchers: Noah Lowry and Tim Worrell. Lowry, 24, is a talented young pitcher that will likely take over the No. 3 spot in the rotation behind Tim Hudson and John Smoltz. Worrell, 38, was signed this offseason by the Giants after posting a 2.27 ERA with Arizona in 2005. The Giants will also send $2 million to Atlanta, essentially covering Worrell's salary for the 2006 season.

Position players heading to San Francisco will be 2B J.C. Holt, SS Tony Pena, OF Cody Johnson, and OF Bill McCarthy. Joing them will be pitchers Jorge Sosa, Lance Cormier, Joey Devine, Kevin Barry, Peter Moylan, Ricardo Rodriguez, Wayne Franklin, Franklin Nunez and Phil Stockman.

The Braves' two most recent first-round picks, Devine and Johnson, are the most surprising names of the group. General Manager Chris Nelson explained the trading away of two of the organization's top prospects:

"First off, let me say that I have no doubt both Cody Johnson and Joey Devine will be successful major leaguers. We viewed this trade as one that would beneficial to our organization this season. We are confident that our farm system is one of the best in the league, and consequently should never be short of quality prospects."

Devine struggled in five games with Atlanta in 2005, posting a 12.60 ERA. Johnson, just drafted this year, had yet to play in the Braves minor league system.

Jorge Sosa was a pleasant surprise for the Braves in 2005 after being acquired from the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for IF Nick Green. He appeared in 44 games, starting 20, and went 13-3 with a 2.55 ERA.

J.C. Holt, Tony Pena, Kevin Barry, Peter Moylan, Phil Stockman and Kevin McCarthy have never seen major league action. Pena, 25, was considered a good prospect for the Braves. He is the son of former Royals manager and current Yankees first base coach, Tony Pena Sr.

Lance Cormier, acquired from the Diamondbacks during the offseason, posted a 5.11 ERA in 67 games in 2005. Ricardo Rodriguez started 10 of the 12 games he appeared in with the Texas Rangers in 2005, going 2-3 with a 5.53 ERA. 32-year-old Wayne Franklin had a 6.39 ERA in 13 games with the Yankees in 2005. Franklin Nunez saw limited action with the Devil Rays in 2004 and 2005, and is 1-3 with a 7.47 ERA in 13 career games.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonGM
    I'm loving it so far!
    Thanks Houston. Hey, will you PM me and tell me how to post stats like you did?
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 22, 2006

Braves unload Hampton, acquire veterans and prospect

In what was primarily a financial move, the Braves traded SP Mike Hampton to the New York Yankees. Pitchers Tyler Yates, Carlos Almanzar and John Foster will and 1B Tony Clark will accompany Hampton to New York. In exchange, the Braves will receive 1B Erubiel Durazo, OF Bernie Williams, OF Melky Cabrera and C Koyie Hill, plus $1 million.

"This was a trade we felt like we had to make in order to shed payroll," said Chris Nelson. "It's unfortunate Mike was unable to continue his career here, but I wish him the best and I hope is is able to bounce back in 2007.

"While this trade began for monetary purposes, we are very happy with the players we were able to get. Durazo is a powerful hitter and I expect him to compete with Adam for the starting first baseman job. Bernie will provide a great veteran presence on the team and could challenge Ryan Langerhans for the starting left field job.

"Melky Cabrera is a prospect I really like and I'm excited to have him in our organization. He'll start off in AAA at Richmond, but depending on how he progresses he could definitely see time with the major league club in 2006. Koyie Hill will be our starting catcher at Richmond and will the guy we will look to in the event McCann or Pena get injured."

Hampton spent the past three seasons with the Atlanta Braves and compiled a record of 32-20 with the team during that time. 1B Tony Clark was just over two weeks ago but became expendable with the acquisition of Durazo.

Tyler Yates last appeared in the majors in 2004 with the New York Mets. That season, he appeared in 21 games, startin 7, and posted a 6.36 ERA. 32-year-old Carlos Almanzar, who spent the past two seasons with the Texas Rangers, has a 4.82 career ERA in 209 appearances and one start. John Foster went 4-2 with a 4.15 ERA in 62 games for the Braves in 2005.

The 31-year-old Durazo was slated to start at first base for the AAA Columbus Clippers due to the Yankees' star-studded lineup. His best season came in 2004 with the Oakland Athletics, when he hit .321 with 22 homeruns and 88 RBI in 142 games.

37-year-old Bernie Williams is a career .298 hitter with 2,218 career hits. He has battled injuries in recent seasons, and hit just .249 in 141 games in 2005.

Catcher Koyie Hill is a career .231 hitter in 117 at-bats compiled with the Dodgers and Diamondbacks over the past three seasons. LF Melky Cabrera, 21, went 4-for-19 in six games with the Yankees in 2005.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - March 30, 2006

With the flurry of trades coming to a halt in recent days, Chris Nelson has been focusing his attention of late on the free agent wire. The following are players the Braves have signed to contracts in recent days, along with brief career info and their projected role with the Braves organization:

-LF Doug DeVore, 28 (1 year, $600k) - Hit .224 with the Diamondbacks in 2004; Will be given a chance to hold a bench outfield role with Atlanta.
    -CF Tim Raines, 26 (1 year, $400k) - Son of former major leaguer Tim Raines Sr.; Hit .255 in 48 games with the Orioles in 2004; Will likely start out in either AA or AAA.
    -3B Raul Tablado, 24 (1 year, $150k/3-year team option at $64k per) - Former Blue Jays prospect who has never seen time in Majors; Good contact hitter who should start off in AAA.
    -RP Mike Crudale, 29 (1 year, $1.95 million) - Last appeared in Majors in 2003 with Brewers; Career 2.09 ERA in 71 games; Will begin in Braves bullpen, and could be given a shot at the closer role.
    -RP Tim Spooneybarger, 26 (1 year, $1.5 million) - Traded to Marlins from Braves following 2002 season; Career 3.24 ERA in 88 games; Will start off in bullpen; Yet another closer candidate.
    -RP Sam Marsonek, 27 (1 year, $600k/2-year team option at $585k per) - Former Yankees prospect; pitched 1 1/3 scoreless innings for Yankees in 2004, his only Major League appearance; Will likely begin in AAA Richmond, but could be called up due to injury.
    -RP Troy Brohawn, 33 (1 year, $550k/three-year team option at $484k per) - Last appeared in Majors with Dodgers in 2003; Previously played with Giants (2002) and Diamondbacks (2001); 4.86 ERA in 82 career appearances; Will begin season at AAA Richmond.
    -SP Rob Henkel, 27 (1 year, $750k) - Former Tigers prospect with no Major League experience; will serve as fifth starter for Braves until SP John Thomson is activated from the 15-day disabled list in mid-April.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - April 2, 2006

Braves acquire SS Clayton from Nationals

Lacking a capable middle infielder on their bench, the Atlanta Braves have acquired SS Royce Clayton from the Washington Nationals in exchange for OF Michael Ryan. Clayton is expected to join 3B Wilson Betemit and 1B Adam LaRoche as the team's one of the teams backup infielders.

Clayton, 36, signed with the Nationals this offseason. He hit .270 in 143 games with the Diamondbacks in 2005. The 28-year-old Ryan, who was expected to be an outfielder for AAA Richmond, is a career .265 hitter. He saw action the past four seasons with the Minnesota Twins.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We'd now like to update you on transactions going on elsewhere in Major League Baseball. Here is a list of recent moves made by other teams prior to the start of the 2006 season:

-The Arizona Diamondbacks signed pitchers Eric Knott and Damian Moss.
    -The Baltimore Orioles signed pitchers Scott Stewart, Bartolome Fortunato, Jack Cressend and Mike Matthews.
    -The Red Sox signed outfielder Matt Watson.
    -The Cleveland Indians signed Orber Moreno, [B][Victor Alvarez/B], Edwin Almonte, Alex Herrera, Chris Mears and Chance Caple.
    -The Colorado Rockies signed shortstop D'Angelo Jimenez and pitcher Al Reyes.
    -The Detroit Tigers signed catchers Cody McKay and Mike Tonis and pitchers Nick Regilio, Juan Cerros and Russ Ortiz.
    -The Florida Marlins signed pitcher Kaz Ishii.
    -The Kansas City Royals have signed pitcher Aaron Looper. Pitcher Bobby Madritsch and outfielder Kerry Robinson were released.
    -The Los Angeles Angels signed 1B Fernando Seguignol, outfielders Chris Magruder and Bubba Trammell and pitchers Chris Oxspring, Jeff Bennett, David Sanders and Francis Beltran.
    -The Los Angeles Dodgers signed second baseman Dominic Rich and pitchers Tony Fiore and Shane Bazzell.
    -The Minnesota Twins signed first baseman Jeremy Giambi and pitchers Jerome Gamble, Wes Obermueller, P.J. Bevis and Mariano Gomez.
    -The New York Mets signed catcher A.J. Hinch and third baseman Tony Batista. Catcher Sandy Martinez was released.
    -The New York Yankees have signed left fielder Adam Riggs and pitcher Mike Neu.
    -The Oakland Athletics have signed catchers Charles Johnson and Mitch Meluskey and left fielder Brian Buchanan.
    -The Pittsburgh Pirates signed right fielder Ben Grieve.
    -The San Diego Padres have signed second baseman Edgardo Alfonzo and pitcher Chad Zerbe.
    -The San Francisco Giants have signed first baseman Ken Harvey, left fielders Chad Hermansen and J.J. Davis and pitchers Cory Vance, Jay Powell, Mark Malaska and Pat Strange. Pitcher Cory Vance has suffered severe elbow tendonitis in workouts and will miss four months.
    -The Seattle Mariners have signed second baseman Warren Morris and pitchers Ryan Speier, Alex Graman, Rett Johnson, Jason Middlebrook and Jason Szuminski.
    -The Texas Rangers have signed first baseman Bucky Jacobsen right fielder Val Pascucci and pitchers Billy Koch, Antonio Alfonseca, Sam McConnell and Jeremy Hill.
    -The Toronto Blue Jays have signed left fielder Billy McMillon and Steve Avery. Left fielder Chad Mottola and pitcher Pete Walker were released.
    -The Washington Nationals have signed catcher Ben Petrick and pitchers Gary Glover, Bobby Bradley, Grant Roberts and D.J. Carrasco.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2006 season is right around the corner, so tune in to 96 Rock April 4, when we'll take a look at the Braves opening day roster and lineup, discuss key issues facing the team, and highlight some key minor league players in the organization and where they'll be playing in 2006. The Braves season begins April 5 as the team travels to face the division rival Philadelphia Philles, and 96 Rock will be your #1 source for Braves baseball in 2006!
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

I like this!

WKLS FM (96 ROCK) - April 5, 2006

Welcome to 96 Rock as we get you ready for the first game of the Braves 2006 season - an away contest between your Atlanta Braves and the Philadelphia Phillies!

Manager Bobby Cox has announced his 25-man roster prior to tonight's game, and this is what it will be:

Lineup
    C Brian McCann
    1B Erubiel Durazo
    2B Marcus Giles
    3B Chipper Jones
    SS Edgar Renteria
    LF Matt Diaz
    CF Andruw Jones
    RF Jeff Francoeur

Bench
    C Brayan Pena
    1B Adam LaRoche
    3B Wilson Betemit
    SS Royce Clayton
    LF Ryan Langerhans
    CF Bernie Williams

Rotation
    1. Tim Hudson
    2. John Smoltz
    3. Noah Lowry
    4. Horacio Ramirez
    5. Rob Henkel

Bullpen
    Closer Mike Timlin
    Setup Man Mike Crudale
    Short Relief Tim Spooneybarger
    Short Relief Chad Paronto
    Middle Relief Tim Worrell
    Long Relief Ken Ray

Game 1 Batting Order
    1. 2B Marcus Giles
    2. SS Edgar Renteria
    3. 3B Chipper Jones
    4. CF Andruw Jones
    5. 1B Erubiel Durazo
    6. LF Matt Diaz
    7. C Brian McCann
    8. RF Jeff Francoeur
    9. SP Tim Hudson

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's talk about one of the key issues surrounding this Braves team heading into the season - the closer job. Ever since John Smoltz was moved back into the rotation, the team has lacked a dominant closer. The Dan Kolb experiment failed and Kyle Farnsworth decided to sign with the Yankees in the offseason.

Right now, the Braves have a handful of candidates and hopes that one will emerge as capable of handling the job. Recently acquired Mike Timlin will get the first crack at it, but manager Bobby Cox has said who he uses could vary from game to game at this point. Relievers Tim Spooneybarger, Mike Crudale and Ken Ray, along with Chris Reitsma on the 15-day disabled list, will also be considered.

If the Braves are in the thick of things in either the division or wild card race come June or July but have yet to find a steay closer, you'll likely see the team try to swing a trade for one before the deadline.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, let's take a look at some key minor league prospects in the braves system. We've highlighted what we think are the Top 5 Prospects in the organization.

AAA Richmond
    LF Doug DeVore
    C Koyie Hill
    1B James Jurries
    CF Tim Raines
    RF David Kelton
    LF Melky Cabrera (#4 Prospect)
    3B Raul Tablado
    RP Troy Brohawn
    RP Sam Marsonek
    RP Macay McBride.

AA Mississippi
    RF Gregor Blanco
    2B Martin Prado
    LF Josh Burrus
    LF Jamal Strong
    CF Brandon Jones
    1B Scott Thorman
    SP Chuck James
    RP Oscar Villarreal

A Myrtle Beach Pelicans
    LF Matt Esquivel
    SS Yunel Escobar
    C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (#1 Prospect)
    3B Eric Campbell
    SP Anthony Lerew

Rookie Danville Braves
    SS Elvis Andrus (#5 Prospect)
    SP Dan Curtis
    SP Jake Stevens (#3 Prospect)
    SP Jose Ascanio
    SP Beau Jones (#2 Prospect)
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

April 5-7 Atlanta Braves (0-0) @ Philadelphia Phillies (0-0)

Projected Starters
    April 5: Tim Hudon (0-0) vs. Brett Myers (0-0)
    April 6: John Smoltz (0-0) vs. Cory Lidle (0-0)
    April 7: Noah Lowry (0-0) vs. Eude Brito (0-0)

April 5: SP Tim Hudson had a good outing, but SP Brett Myers had an even better one. Myers allowed no runs and four hits in eight innings, and closer Tom Gordon pitched a scoreless ninth to noth his first save of the season. 1B Erubiel Durazo went 2-for-4 in his first appearance in a Brave uniform. Braves 0, Phillies 2

April 6: 3B Chipper Jones had three hits and CF Andruw Jones and RF Jeff Francoeur both homers as the Atlanta Braves evened up the series at one game apiece. SP John Smoltz gave up just one run in seven innings, RP Tim Worrell gave up three runs (two earned) in 1 1/3 innings of relief, and RP Mike Timlin pitched a perfect two-thirds of an inning for his first save. Braves 7, Phillies 4.

April 7: The Braves bats exploded for 15 runs today. CF Andruw Jones hit two more homeruns and 1B Erubiel Durazo added one of his own. C Brian McCann was the only Braves fielder without a hit. Braves 15, Phillies 3.

Braves News:
    Following the April 7 game, the Braves purchased the contract of SP Nick Bierbrodt from the Puerto Rican League. He will be assigned to A Myrtle Beach.

Down on the Farm
    AAA Richmond: CF Tim Raines is hitting .375 and 1B James Jurries is hitting .333. RP Troy Brohawn is 3-for-3 in save opportunities, and RP Sam Marsonek has pitched 4.2 innings of scoreless ball.
    AA Mississippi: 2B Martin Prado is hitting .389 and CF Brandon Jones is hitting .375. SP Chuck James earned a no-decision after giving up three runs in 7.1 innings.
    A Myrtle Beach: C Jarrod Saltalamacchia is hitting .400 and SS Yunel Escobar is hitting .300. SP Anthony Lerew earned a no-decision after giving up two runs in 6.2 innings.
    Rookie Danville: SS Elvis Andrus is hitting .333. SP earned a no-decision, giving up two unearned runs in 7.1 innings.

Around the Majors
    -The two Florida teams have used great pitching to take an early lead in their respective divisions. The Marlins are 3-0 despite just hitting .240 thus far. They have a team ERA in of 1.45. The Devil Rays are also hitting 3-0 after hitting .235 and compiling a 2.10 team ERA.
    -The Tampa Ba Devil Rays are 3-0 and currently lead the AL East.
    -Padres SP Clay Hensley threw a 3-0 shutout against the Brewers April 7.
    -Tigers signed RF Raul Mondesi.
    -Nationals signed LF Matt Lawton, and released 2B Henry Mateo, LF George Lombard and RP Felix Rodriguez.
    -Mariners signed LF Ray Lankford.
    -Mets signed 1B Brad Fullmer, LF Jeffrey Hammonds, SP Kevin Brown, SP Ismael Valdez and RP Steve Karsay.
    -Cardinals CF Jim Edmonds hit his 1000th RBI.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---

April 8-10 Washington Nationals (1-2) @ Atlanta Braves (2-1)

Projected Starters
    April 8: Shawn Hill (0-0) vs. Horacio Ramirez (0-0)
    April 9: Ramon Ortiz (0-0) vs. Rob Henkel (0-0)
    April 10: Livan Hernandez (0-0, 1.13 ERA) vs. Tim Hudson (0-1, 2.45 ERA)

April 8: The Braves scored six runs, five off SP Shawn Hill, despite just one extra base hit - a double by 1B Erubiel Durazo. SP Horacio Ramirez gave up three runs (two earned) in seven innings, and it took RP Mike Timlin only six pitches in a perfect ninth to earn his second save. Nationals 3, Braves 6
    April 9: SP Rob Henkel was great in his Major League debut, allowing just one run on seven hits in six innings. 1B Erubiel Durazo went 2-for-4 and 3B Chipper Jones hit his first homerun of the season. Nationals 1, Braves 6
    April 10: SP Tim Hudson pitched a complete game, five-hit shutout to earn his first win of the season, and it took him just 88 pitches to do it. 3B Chipper Jones went 3-for-4 and and CF Andruw Jones hit his fourth homerun. Nationals 0, Braves 6

Braves News
    -SP John Smoltz suffered an ankle stress fracture after slipping on the mound in a bullpen session April 9. He is expected 2-3 weeks and has been placed on the disabled list. Smoltz was scheduled to start April 11 against the New York Mets. SP Chuck James from AA Mississippi will be called up to start in Smoltz's place.
    -The Braves are now 5-1 and have taken over the top spot in the NL East from the 4-2 Marlins.

Down on the Farm
    AAA Richmond: 1B James Jurries is hitting .421 and C Koyie Hill has three homeruns. RP Sam Marsonek has an ERA of 1.29 in seven innings.
    AA Mississippi: 2B Martin Prado is hitting .440 and LF Josh Burrus is hitting .375 with two homeruns. RP Oscar Villarreal has an ERA of 3.68 in 7.1 innings.
    A Myrtle Beach: C Jarrod Saltalamacchia is hitting .313 and 3B Eric Campbell has two homeruns. SP Anthony Lerew is 0-0 with a 3.14 ERA in two starts.
    Rookie Danville: SS Elvis Andrus is hitting .333. SP Dan Curtis is 1-0 with a 5.11 ERA in two starts.

Around the Majors
    -The Devil Rays are still undefeated at 6-0 and already have a 3-game lead in the AL East.
    -Yankees released SP Tanyon Sturtze.
    -Dodgers released C Sandy Alomar and LF Ricky Ledee.
    -Padres released LF Dave Roberts and pitchers Woody Williams and Shawn Estes.
    -Diamondbacks RF Sean Green scored his 1000th run.
    -Mets SP Pedro Martinez will miss three months with a broken ankle.
    -Phillies SP Brett Myers will miss two weeks with a hand stress fracture.
    --- Chris J. Nelson ---