Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cannot resume saved game

Re: Cannot resume saved game

ill give you credit for responding so quickly... i deleted my message... as a soon to be retired smoker, i think its best to re-think the way you say things... which is what i did.... you just did not seem to understand where i was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathandodd
    If you dare to give a ****, get the point in your head. The game does not work properly. Why should anyone settle for anything but a perfect product when it is their money being spent on it.
    If you do not like the product, or do not think that a product works correctly, and that is covered in the terms of agreement of the sale, yes, you should be able to return it with problems. Here is the link about returns for SportsMogul: http://www.sportsmogul.com/corp/returns.htm so you can return it.

I am just wondering, though, what operating system do you use? Nothing Microsoft puts out is close to a perfect product.
    Please make at least a small effort to stay on topic.

Forum Rules

Current US National Debt:

ill give you credit for responding so quickly... i deleted my message... as a soon to be retired smoker, i think its best to re-think the way you say things... which is what i did.... you just did not seem to understand where i was coming from.
    I understand. I would be frustrated in the same position, although I don't think I'd ask for a refund. I'm sure Clay will get the time to look into your problem soon enough. He's working hard trying to get the one pitch play by play out.

i define my version of this game as not working properly.. not just the saved game.... it is not my job to perform the trial and error part of it... i do not pay 20 dollars to recreate major errors that i have experienced.. i pay 20 dollars for a product that should satisfy the elementary tasks, such as re-loading a saved game.. i think i have a reasonable complaint if i were to pursue a refund...

I have not attempted to recreate the problem. I put a lot of time and energy into that one game that I do not want to do the same for another, especially if there is no proof that the game is free from 'corruption.'

Can you blame me?

Since you have diagnosed this problem as fatal, or irreversible, then give me the refund options. What a joke...
    I cant blame you...but I cant help you if I dont know the exact steps. We cant fix this bug, if we dont know how you got it to do it. I will ask the creator of this thread.....

Please if you cant recreate this problem. Than stop posting in this thread. It is probably a one in a 1,000,000 corruption, All of us have experienced some sort of corrupted file before. Mostly Corruption are do to your computer, and not the game. But we dont know that 100% because nobody can recreate the file

i define my version of this game as not working properly.. not just the saved game.... it is not my job to perform the trial and error part of it... i do not pay 20 dollars to recreate major errors that i have experienced.. i pay 20 dollars for a product that should satisfy the elementary tasks, such as re-loading a saved game.. i think i have a reasonable complaint if i were to pursue a refund...
    for your refund, please e-mail clay at cjd @ sportsmogul.com

please provide your order number. If you bought it at a store, you need to take the game back to that store. if you bought the download version, then provide the order number.

Next time, please dont post in this forum, if you dont want your problem fixed, or at least troubleshoot.

i almost let this slide but.......

what do you mean 'don't post in this forum.'

trace back the history of this thread.... i did all the steps.. if you still think i'm the problem because of my reluctance of 'recreating' this problem, you are kidding yourself...

boomboom, ill pay you 20 bucks to recreate this problem for me... with your ability to tell me 'to post, or not to post' you might be being payed to do something.. there, you now have an assignment..

i started a new game... the road to recreating is underway.. although its lunacy to expect a customer to diagnose a problem of a game he just wants to play.. why dont you and your team test for these problems before releasing... more than half of this board just complains or reports problems anyway..

for those who read the forum wondering if the game is a good buy::: judge for yourself...3 seasons of gameplay down the drain.. and this is how im being treated.

We did test, and I dont ever recall anyone reporting a corrupted saved game file.

Please make at least a small effort to stay on topic.

Forum Rules

Current US National Debt:

i almost let this slide but.......

what do you mean 'don't post in this forum.'

trace back the history of this thread.... i did all the steps.. if you still think i'm the problem because of my reluctance of 'recreating' this problem, you are kidding yourself...

boomboom, ill pay you 20 bucks to recreate this problem for me... with your ability to tell me 'to post, or not to post' you might be being payed to do something.. there, you now have an assignment..

i started a new game... the road to recreating is underway.. although its lunacy to expect a customer to diagnose a problem of a game he just wants to play.. why dont you and your team test for these problems before releasing... more than half of this board just complains or reports problems anyway..

for those who read the forum wondering if the game is a good buy::: judge for yourself...3 seasons of gameplay down the drain.. and this is how im being treated.
    if you just want to complain, please do so in the rants and raves forum.

if you want to help us, we are not getting paid at all, and we all paid $20.00 for the game as you did. $20.00 for one game down the drain...then start a new game. IT is probably something to do with your computer than the game. Only 2-3 people have reported this, and nobody has been able to recreate the problem. So basically, it might be a one time thing. At the same time, we wont know...

please, if you want your refund, get your refund, please ask clay at cjd @ sportsmogul.com

or follow the directions from SirKodiak.

• I dont work for Sports Mogul
    • I am a customer
    • Most customer who report a bug, troubleshoot if requested.
    • most troubleshooting comes from user to user, not sportsmogul-user
    • most of us spend our free time on this game, maybe because we have no lives but because we enjoy this game, and the community
    • when I mean't stop posting, I mean, there is nothing that you can contribute, so get your refund as you say
    I really do appreciate you trying to recreate this problem. If you are able too, then please post the exact steps you did to create the problem. recreating is one thing, but actually knowing the steps is another. If you dont want to, then what is the point of you trying to recreate the problem?

I understand your frustation, dont get me wrong, it would piss me off if I lost a file/game/ or project that I was working on. Then it is gone...But I am not the type of customer that expects things to be handed to them on a silver platter, Think of it this way, when my computer died...who did I call, I called the techinical support. What did they have me do? Troubleshoot over the phone. What happened next...they found that I had some sort of virus, and i had to reformat my HD or try to clean it up...

I have lost games before. The game just stopped working (bm2k4) and when i reloaded the game, 2k4 .mog files were corrupted. What did I do? I started a new game.

from the link above

Found a bug? Dig deeper…

To create the highest quality bug report which will save developers time and increase the likelihood the bug is fixed, a little extra work goes a long way:
    • Try to find a more general repro
    • Are all of the steps required?
    • Is the bug tied to a single setting or is there a small range of cases? Identify the range.
    • Is the bug more serious than it appears?
    • What other user actions cause the error to occur?
    • Does the error occur with different settings or options selected?
    • Look for follow-up or related errors
    How to file a good bug

Here are some tips on how to create a great bug report that will enable Microsoft to action on it quickly. Often bug reports submitted via the PFC lack key peices of information so triage teams send bugs back to customers to request more information. We don’t want to mistakenly resolve and issue as By Design, Won’t Fixed or Postponed, so providing a complete bug report helps ensure the best response from Microsoft. We want to spend as much time as possible fixing customer bugs – to that end, high quality bug reports help us spend less time deciphering the issue and more time resolving it.
    To file a great bug report:

• Use clear and minimal repro steps
    • Include only one issue per report. If you have multiple issues together, file separate bugs, even if they are related. This allows us to deal with them separate. Even if you encountered them in the same action, they need to be treated seperately internally.
    • If possible, try variations to see if you can better nail down the issue. Do any of the Tools Options settings affect what happens with the bug? Example: internal vs. external help.
    • Example: In the Help system, help can be internal or external. Does it repro with both?
    • Avoid jargon or terms that may be difficult to understand.
    • Make sure other customers will easily understand the bug

Well since I have last posted here this post has grown quite a bit. However, they mostly are both sides the end users and the game creators bitching back and forth and forgetting about the actual problem. I took a chance with this game, which is pretty good. When I also ran into the save game bug I was very patient. After all the B.S and very slow responses on this board I have decided never to purchase this game again. If getting a refund is similar to the way the forums/ tech support works then it’s not worth fighting for. Good luck to sports moguls’ future. Hopefully, you guys can at least work out the save game bug.

Quote Originally Posted by redhawk
    Well since I have last posted here this post has grown quite a bit. However, they mostly are both sides the end users and the game creators bitching back and forth and forgetting about the actual problem. I took a chance with this game, which is pretty good. When I also ran into the save game bug I was very patient. After all the B.S and very slow responses on this board I have decided never to purchase this game again. If getting a refund is similar to the way the forums/ tech support works then it’s not worth fighting for. Good luck to sports moguls’ future. Hopefully, you guys can at least work out the save game bug.
    Can you please post the exact steps you did inorder to have this bug occur? I cant figure it out on my machine. I have been a player of mogul for almost 4 years now, Never encountered this bug. Did you play with any settings, did you change anything? What did you do when it saved. THe file is corrupted for some reason, reason unsure...Did you use play-by-play with every game. How many trades did you do. How many players did you release?

Basically what were the exact steps to create this bug. If we can accomplish that, then we can fix this bug.

Meanwhile, I can't play the **** game. I posted last night without a response yet, but I'll give the guys a bit of time.

I will say though, I am not happy my game is not working right now.
    When asked what he thought of Von Hayes getting traded, Lenny Dykstra answered, "Great trade, who'd we get?"