PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played Slugfest Loaded yet?

mooseman74
06-24-2004, 12:12 AM
Apparently it came out Tuesday or Wednesday....Wondered if anyone had checked it out yet. I'm waiting for it to come out up here in a day or two. Any opinions would be great. :)

Jeff Olsen
06-24-2004, 02:37 PM
My GF's birthday is Friday, I'll probably pick it up for her. She already has one baseball game for our PS2, one of the MVP titles IIRC.

Jack4Jack
06-24-2004, 02:59 PM
how romantic

goyanks225
06-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Jack4Jack
how romantic

I was about to say

Jeff Olsen
06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jack4Jack
how romantic Already have that covered by taking her out to dinner tomorrow. The game, or rather games, come later. ;)

boomboom
06-24-2004, 06:16 PM
I would play it, but midway sucks because they dont have this game Available on Game CUbe or PC. I am not going to buy an x-box just to play this game. MVP was quite nice.

Also, for people who dont like EA, EA is now one of my favorite Software companies, most games they make are for every platform. Cant wait for Madden!

John
06-24-2004, 11:12 PM
I hate sega for not making the espn games for the gamecube any longer, well madden is better, and mvp baseball is better, but nba live is merely ok and bball's my favorite sport. nba2k3 was a great game, it's a shame i had to settle for nba live this year, the game is way too arcady and everyone online is always trying to draw a charge...impossible to post up, it's annoying but online play is fun in the end.
I'd rent loaded if i had a ps2 or xbox...for those of you who dont know it has the mogul engine!
Here's a review for slugfest (http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/sports/mlbslugfest2005/index.html?q=slugfest)
"The franchise mode gives you a much deeper level of control over your team than you'd expect from an arcade-style sports game. All of the basic franchise options are present. You can manage your payroll, play around with lineups and positions, edit your starting rotation, and execute trades, free agent signing, and other clubhouse duties. You can opt to play your team's games yourself, using whatever rules you see fit, or you can simply simulate games. You can also mix the two, jumping in whenever you feel like actually controlling your team's destiny firsthand. The game has all the bases covered, so to speak, as far as a franchise mode goes, but it also feels pretty out of place in a game like MLB SlugFest."

TwinswillWin
06-26-2004, 04:59 PM
A lot of third party gaming company have pulled out of the gamecube. Gamecubes inabilty to keep up constantly with X-box and PS2 gaming graphics and having more younger children titles keep them from making money and most of the time no one wants to be associated with a loser.(I own all 3 systems.) Gamecube when i get games i must say I always play all the way through and i like how they re-made games with like Mario Samus and other characters of my childhood memories

TwinswillWin
06-26-2004, 05:00 PM
P.S. MVP baseball for X-box is my second favorite game ever right after Super NES Yoshi's Island.

RESnider
06-27-2004, 04:27 PM
ESPN Baseball (2k4) blows MVP 2004 out of the water. No way EA stands up to Sega there, nor in basketball either -- though NBA Live has some features that ESPN Basketball doesn't. (i.e. change a player's standard position).

Jeff Olsen
06-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Just played it an hour ago. Had to turn off the special pitches in order to be competitive against the AI in Slugfest mode.

John
06-29-2004, 07:56 PM
OMG, darn Sega!ESPN NFL 2K5 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/25/news_6101436.html) is going for $20! Of course, it's not for the gamecube. :(

Has anybody played the franchise mode yet?

Clay Dreslough
09-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Please vote on this poll:

http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60717

Thanks!