PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Patch: Version 7.03

Clay Dreslough
06-13-2004, 03:57 AM
Issues addresses with this patch:

1. Birthdays added to transactions

2. All Star appearances added to Transactions

3. Player ages corrected (were off by one year)

4. New League Editor feature: Drop-down list boxes to set "League Revenue" and "Salary Demands"

5. All Star Game date corrected

6. 2004 season schedule starts on correct day of week

7. New 2004Roster.csv (created by .exe file) -- includes salary and contract data for 2004

8. Updated Draft text output

9. Transactions memory footprint increased to handle 100+ years (transactions no longer "fill up" after ~20 years)

Installation Instructions - Short Version
Unzip this file and copy it over your current BB2k5.exe

Installation Instructions - Long Version
1. Download bb2k5-v703.zip to your Windows Desktop. Double-click on this file to extract bb2k5.exe to your desktop

2. Open the Baseball Mogul 2005 folder as follows:

On your Windows Desktop, double-click "My Computer"
Double-click "C:"
Double-click the "Program Files" folder
Double-click the "Sports Mogul" folder
Double-click the "Baseball 2005" folder

Note: If you installed Baseball Mogul 2005 to a different folder, open that folder instead

3. Right-click-and-hold bb2k5.exe on your desktop and drag it to the open Baseball 2005 folder.

4. Release the mouse button. Select "Move here" from the pop-up menu.

5. When Windows asks "Would you like to replace the existing file?", click 'Yes'.

6. Play Baseball Mogul normally (e.g. by selecting the icon from the Programs folder on your Start Menu).

thejimmyst91
06-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Wow, just got it. Looks great.

y2dan
06-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Just loaded it up, looking good so far. :)

sardins
06-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Pretty good, but Florida still has both Alex Gonzalezes. Also there's that new feature League Editor with the salary demands and league revenue. What does it do and how do I use it?

martymcfly
06-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Has anyone else noticed a slowdown in the game after installing the new patch?

sardins
06-13-2004, 05:14 PM
big time.

Clay Dreslough
06-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by sardins
Pretty good, but Florida still has both Alex Gonzalezes. Also there's that new feature League Editor with the salary demands and league revenue. What does it do and how do I use it?

"League Revenue" affects how much money all the teams make, from all sources. So if you set it to "+20%", it should add 20% to Ticket Revenue, Concessions and Broadcast Revenue for every team.

"Salary Demands" affects how much salary every player asks for (as a free agent, or renewing). The league minimum is still $300,00. So if you set it to "-30%", it should subtract 30% from all new contracts.

These haven't been heavily tested, but are provided as tools for people who want to tweak the current financial (as we learned from version 7.00, where salaries were high and teams went into debt -- it sometimes needs some tweaking).

You may wonder if this means you could adjust a league to pre-free-agent values (e.g. 1960) using these tools. The answer is "not really" -- the expenses (e.g. Scouting, Medical Staff) are still geared to the economy around the year 2000. Nevertheless, play around with it and let me know.

Clay

goyanks225
06-14-2004, 10:47 AM
It seems to me like too many people are pitching no-hitters and perfect games, and too many people are hitting for the cycle. There are probably 1-2 no-hitter's a year in real life, a perfect game every few years, and MAYBE 1 hitter hitting for the cycle every year, but in BBM 2K5 there are 7-8 no-hitters a season, 2-3 perfect games a season, and around 10 people hitting for the cycle every season.

iansmith
06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
For those having a slowdown with 7.03 try pressing CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-B to turn off the new rendering code and see if that makes a diffrence.

Let me know, thanks!

--
Ian Smith

goyanks225
06-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by iansmith
For those having a slowdown with 7.03 try pressing CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-B to turn off the new rendering code and see if that makes a diffrence.

Let me know, thanks!

--
Ian Smith

It works. What exactly does turning off the rendering code do?

TomX
06-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Where did the colors go for the different things in the Transactions section go?

SeferKoheleth
06-15-2004, 12:43 AM
I thought the new .csv file was supposed to have accurate salary info. It doesn't.

DrDoom
06-15-2004, 08:27 AM
I thought the new .csv file was supposed to have accurate salary info. It doesn't

For it to work for me, I had to delete the 2004rosters.csv in the input folder then start a new game for it to generate the updated .csv file.

forbes
06-15-2004, 09:24 PM
The salaries are still not correct (even in the new 2004roster.csv), and I definitely know that Tyler Houston is no longer with the phillies (he was cut in the middle of last year).