PDA

View Full Version : No 4th division ability after adding expansion teams makes uneven divisions

daves
04-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Interesting featured added. The problem with this adding expansion teams is the inability to add a 4th division. With a 4th division we can have 4 teams in each division. With 3 division the expansion to 32 is not that great. I have asked and have been promised a 4th division option for years.

Clay Dreslough
04-15-2014, 01:57 PM
Dave,

This is an interesting point, but we do include schedules that accomodate having 16 teams in each league, so this isn't a bug per se. (And thus I'm going to move this thread).

I have been wanting to add a 4th division for years, but it requires a major change to the database format and the creation of a database conversion tool. This will be done for next year, in order to support a number of significant changes, such as the ability to have full minor league teams within each organization.

MichelleWie
04-15-2014, 10:18 PM
Just wanted to point out that Daves was told by Connor to post it as a bug report...

I will not hold my breath regarding the 4th division as it has been promised several times. I do wish you luck and hope next year it happens. :)

mathguy69
04-15-2014, 10:19 PM
I like it. The game does handle uneven divisions without a hiccup in my limited experience, so that part is not a big deal. We look forward to having you back next year, working on BBM in a more full capacity, Clay.

Clay Dreslough
04-15-2014, 11:35 PM
Just wanted to point out that Daves was told by Connor to post it as a bug report...That's cool. Sorry to contradict that. Just adding an explanation for whenever I move a thread.

daves
04-18-2014, 05:23 PM
Just wanted to point out that Daves was told by Connor to post it as a bug report...

I will not hold my breath regarding the 4th division as it has been promised several times. I do wish you luck and hope next year it happens. :)

Thanks for pointing out.

Clay Dreslough
04-05-2015, 08:40 PM
FYI, I was wrong about saying that we'd be able to include support for 8 divisions (4 per league) this year. I'm sorry about this mistake. Changing the format without breaking backwards compatibility turned out to be too hard to do without causing lots of bugs when resuming older games. It's still high on our list, and I am always tempted to say that we can add it "next year" because it seems much easier than it is.

futuremarlinsgm
04-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Dave,

This is an interesting point, but we do include schedules that accomodate having 16 teams in each league, so this isn't a bug per se. (And thus I'm going to move this thread).

I have been wanting to add a 4th division for years, but it requires a major change to the database format and the creation of a database conversion tool. This will be done for next year, in order to support a number of significant changes, such as the ability to have full minor league teams within each organization.

How many times have you promised new changes and features for next year and failed to deliver let alone the debacle of three major advertised features in Diamond completely missing and scrupulously removed from your blog? At this point, I'm taking any promises or advertising as likely to be false.

yount
04-05-2015, 10:19 PM
Hi Clay. Why is backwards compatibility important? I can only speak for myself, but personally I would place a much higher priority on new features than backward compatibility, if that is the tradeoff.

dps
04-05-2015, 11:35 PM
Hi Clay. Why is backwards compatibility important? I can only speak for myself, but personally I would place a much higher priority on new features than backward compatibility, if that is the tradeoff.

Personally, I agree, but I've seen other posters who are concerned about it. I suspect this is one of those issues where it's going to be hard to please everyone.