PDA

View Full Version : Game-Winning TD Fail

Crazy Li
01-30-2013, 04:19 AM
So I just played a game. Steelers at 49ers. I had gone up with the Niners 21-17 with 3:01 left in the 4th quarter. Pittsburgh makes a drive that pretty much consumes the whole quarter. They get as close as the 8 yard line before being sacked for an 8 yard loss with 4 seconds left on the game clock. With one final play, it shows the following... (see attached image)

So... if I understand this correctly, it says they actually got the game-winning TD off... yet I won on the final play of the game...? How exactly does that work. Shouldn't the final be 23-21 in favor of the Steelers if they got a TD? Why does it say the 49ers won the game?

It did actually award them the points (and as a result, the victory), to note so the engine itself isn't broken. I just thought it was odd that it read that way, giving a false result.

I also noticed they ended up kicking an extra point which is completely useless and unrealistic. Perhaps a minor detail, but I pay attention to these things :x

I should also point out that this was with 2012 so I have no clue if this bad winner call exists in the newer version.