PDA

View Full Version : 7.060 CPU auto-sorts offense upon injury

Setherick
11-03-2008, 02:14 PM
This could be a one time thing, but it's too eerily reminiscent of a beta testing error I pointed out that was fixed not to be mentioned.

I set up a season to simulate all the way through and came home to find out that two of my best offense guards were on the bench so they only started 5 games during the season apiece, but played in at least 10. So what happened was they were hurt for more than 1 week and the computer auto-sorted the roster, but DID NOT auto-sort them back in. Auto-sorting out starters that are hurt just needs to be done away with. The computer will automatically sub for injured starters, so there is no point to it.

Clay Dreslough
11-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't replicate this bug, and the code seems pretty clearly written to not auto-sort a human-controlled team for an injury.

Did you use the 'Play Multiple Seasons' tool? Or just choose 'Entire Season' from the Play Menu?

Either way, let me know if you are able to replicate it.

Setherick
11-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I can't replicate this bug, and the code seems pretty clearly written to not auto-sort a human-controlled team for an injury.

Did you use the 'Play Multiple Seasons' tool? Or just choose 'Entire Season' from the Play Menu?

Either way, let me know if you are able to replicate it.

I used the "Play Entire Season" function, which is what I did during beta testing when it cropped up. If I simulate a through a season a month at a time, I don't seem to have this problem. Other than that, I can try to replicate it, but it seems to be a hit or miss type bug.

Clay Dreslough
11-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it.

Setherick
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
I had it happen again twice today as I was simming through a season month by month. It seems to affect offensive linemen the most.