PDA

View Full Version : georgefc3's Bugs and Comments

georgefc3
07-28-2002, 11:29 AM
First, I want to apologize to Clay and the guys at FBM for the tardiness of this posting. I played the game extensively and made some notes but was slow to post my comments.

:(

I have read most of the postings on this forum so will devote most of my comments to new topics. These notes are from the version 2.0.7.0 sent to us from two weeks ago unless other wise noted.

My System
My system is a Dell 1600 MHz Pentium 4 with 128 megs of RAM. It is running Windows Me.

Major Issues
The game ran quite smoothly on my system. There were no obvious video issues. There was one item that caused the game to crash. This was when you were drafting players and read beyond the end of the list. I understand this issue was fixed in a later version. [Have not verified this yet.]

Minor Bugs - Data Display
I've noticed the following minor problems.
#1 F5 - Games - This is the part of the game where you can see the detailed results of the game. Normally you can see the highlights of a teams games. You can see any week in the season. However on bye weeks you see OTHER TEAMS games. I play the Rams since I'm from St. Louis. I won my division and had a bye in the first playoff week. In the F5 GAMES, it displayed the RAVENS vs the COLTS! It also did this during the bye week during the regular season.
#2 I was playing in 2014, but all players display no data for 2013 or 2014. It seems to put all the data into 2011. For example, my quarterback shows 63 games in 2011. My rookies show career totals only, no yearly totals. I am having trouble doing screen prints, so I'm able to attach a JPG image. Sorry!
#3 When signing a player, if you select "Go Get" the computer closes the screen rather than bringing up the player signing screen.

Desirable Features
#1 - Football has a very large number of players in comparison to baseball. Baseball has nine different positions and 25 players. This is pretty easy to manage. Football has about fifteen different positions (QB, RB, TE, WR, OT,G,C,DE,DT,LB,CB,S,K,P) and about 53 players. It is very difficult to keep in your mind where your needs are. So what ends up happening is that the player ends up switching back and forth between the roster screen and either FA/College Draft. Time consuming and frustrating. What is needed is the ability to print out the entire team with the scouts current and future estimates. With this the general manager can see at a glance where his needs are. It would also be nice to view the free agent or college pool in the same manner, although a price breakout here is needed.

If you have seen FRONT OFFICE FOOTBALL, they have an excellent implementation of this. The link is Front Office Football (http://www.solecismic.com/index.html) . I have a copy of the original game if you need it. Also, I will print JPG images if I can figure out how to do this....

#2 - This is for the latest version, 2.0.9.0. This is a display issue, not a feature issue. On my computer, when viewing the players ratings, there are now additional categories. These do not fit in the RATINGS box. For my Quartback, for example, the word "Accuracy" overwrites "Ratings". Ditto JPG comment.

Computer Artificial Intelligence
There was a problem with how the computer selects players. There was no minimum bonus when signing players. This has been fixed in 2.0.9.0. I will evaluate this fix and let you know if it solves the problem.

I guess that's it for now....

:D

21cOwner
07-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by georgefc3

Minor Bugs - Data Display
I've noticed the following minor problems.
#1 F5 - Games - This is the part of the game where you can see the detailed results of the game. Normally you can see the highlights of a teams games. You can see any week in the season. However on bye weeks you see OTHER TEAMS games. I play the Rams since I'm from St. Louis. I won my division and had a bye in the first playoff week. In the F5 GAMES, it displayed the RAVENS vs the COLTS! It also did this during the bye week during the regular season.

If you look by the WEEK heading there is an option to change game and week. You sure it wasn't displaying the Wild Card game since you were off for the week?

georgefc3
07-30-2002, 07:20 PM
Yes

It was showing the wild card game. However, I believe this is confusing. If you are showing all of the games for one team, then this week should be skipped. I certainly found it very confusing.

It's worse on a bye week. In that case, one of the regularly scheduled games is dropped in. How the computer decides which one is beyond me.

This is not a serious bug, but something that needs to be looked at.