PDA

View Full Version : 7.050 Draft order becomes team alphabetical order [Fixed 7.060]

toddroll
09-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I recently installed version 7.0.5.0...it had been working fine for the draft, but in my most recent season, it is now deciding to draft by alphabetical order vs. the order of finish. Is there a toggle I need to activate, or is this a glitch? Thanks!

Todd

QuikSand
09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Is there somewhere you can look in advance to see the draft order? Seems so obvious, but I can't seem to locate it. Anyway, my Miami team certainly *seems* to be picking at 1.17 fairly often... so this might be happening to me, as well.

Maybe we should work out a trade with Arizona.

QuikSand
09-24-2008, 03:13 PM
Hmm, I guess I didn't see this in the documentation, but it appears there's some sort of "house rule" at work if you acquire a first round draft pick from a computer team -- it won't be earlier than pick #17. That (and not the alphabetical thing) is apparently why I've been slotted exactly there so often.

sportsguy2008
09-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I am having this same issue..... it also seems to affect the number of draft picks you aquire for any round. I have completed numerous trades and stockpiled several 1st round draft picks in one year. When it comes time for the draft I cannot use more than 2 of my first round picks, they are used in alphabetical order and my other 1st round picks that I have aquired seem to go back to the team that I traded them from.

I hope that there is a patch soon since the help section states that the draft is conducted based upon standings, as it should be.

kylebryant50
09-26-2008, 08:28 PM
First round is a.b.c until your team and then goes by standings after that, sucks, because I went 2-14 with the rams and keep getting like the 28th pick instead of the first.

QuikSand
09-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Bottom line should be this:

-if the draft is anything other than reverse standings order, fix it

-if there's some kind of limit or anti-cheat device to keep us from getting too well off in round one via trade, at least document it

olin
09-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I've had the same problem. I don't think the game should limit draft picks we can trade for. If we want to limit it in our games we can do it ourselves by not trading for high draft picks.

kylebryant50
10-02-2008, 06:00 PM
it has to be a glitch, the way it works, if there is a trade with a 1st round pick, it sort abc... If there are no trades its goes by record. So just trade for ari 1st pick each year and have the first round pick. This is not house rules, because that would be stupid and it has never done this before. It is just a glitch.

GOYANKSGONJ
10-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Just curious:

Is 7.05 the full version?

ohms_law
10-03-2008, 02:43 AM
Yes

Lex Logan
10-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I've had the same experience as Kylebryant50 -- if you don't trade for any picks, the draft works correctly (fewest wins first, super bowl winner last.) If you trade for a first round pick, it starts out alphabetical -- playing Cincinnati I get the seventh pick -- and later (possibly after my pick) switches to order of finish, so I usually get the seventh and last picks if I've won the Super Bowl. This is a HUGE bug!

Lex Logan
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I have now confirmed that the draft order gets messed up if you even trade away picks -- trade your seventh pick and round one of the draft will proceed alphabetically until your team picks, then revert to normal order.

Not expecting a high draft pick as Cincinnati (alphabetically #7) after winning the Super Bowl, I went to the trade dialog to raise some cash. As soon as I completed my trade, with the trade dialog box still open, I go the message for Cincy to draft -- only now, it was the (correct) last pick. Buffalo got the #7 pick and it seemed to proceed in normal order from there, but the first 6 picks were alphabetical.

I suspect this bug is tied to the one which displays the (blank) next year's draft instead of the current. Did the draft work fine in 7.02 and earlier?

Clay Dreslough
10-24-2008, 09:02 AM
I think this is a new bug in 7.050 -- created when I fixed a problem with VIEWING the draft order before the draft. I should be able to fix this.

Clay Dreslough
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I've been looking for this issue and it seems to only happen if you trade draft picks AFTER renewing contracts and then clicking 'No' when asked if you want to start the draft.

It seems that you can avoid this problem by trading draft picks BEFORE choosing 'Renew Contracts' from the Play Menu.

(Note that you don't have to click 'Renew Contracts' to sign contract extensions. You can do this manually: open the 'Offense' and 'Defense' dialogs and click on any player whose name is listed in parentheses. Then click 'Negotiate' to re-sign anyone.)

In any case, I'll should be able to fix the glitch so that you can trade draft picks at any time.

Clay Dreslough
10-28-2008, 12:05 PM
Fixed in 7.060, which I hope to post as an unofficial patch before 6 pm EDT on Tuesday.

Clay Dreslough
10-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Patch posted here (http://forum.sportsmogul.com/showthread.php?p=1196950).