PDA

View Full Version : 7.050 Composite rating not aligned with components

QuikSand
09-21-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm just getting started with the game but have an observation that might be connected to a number of things I'm seeing.

In looking at my top RB on my team, here are his numeric skills:

Overall: 75
Peak: 75

Rushing: 85
Receiving: 81
Durability: 85
Blocking: 76
Hands: 95

Ordinarily, I would expect that the composite rating for a player would be some sort of weighted average of his component ratings -- but here, that's clearly not the case. The 75 overall is actually lower than *any* of his component ratings.

So, either there is some strange scaling at work, or more likely, a bug in the creation of the composite ratings for (some?) running backs. I have not done the work to see how widespread this problem might be, but it's perfectly clear in this case, and seems to be the case for every RB on my roster.

I have also noticed there being very very few highly-rated RB near the top of the draft in any year (I have only run through 8 drafts, but have yet to even be tempted by a RB in an early round in even one of them, regardless of need). Perhaps the quality guys (like the guy above) are being hidden by an improperly depressed overall rating? A 70/70 RB doesn't look great next to, say, a 75/85 WR... but if he's hiding lots of 85+ individual ratings, maybe I'm missing out on a lot of talent there after all. (I am routinely seeing great-rated FB in every draft, and hardly any RB who seem to be worth much at all)

Anyhow... I think it's a bug, and it might reach beyond the RB position, but it might have pretty far-reaching consequences.

5DiMaggio
09-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I never see any good offensive lineman either

09-21-2008, 07:45 PM
In league settings, change the draft talent to +100%....this actually tends to be the most accurate setting.

QuikSand
09-21-2008, 08:34 PM
In league settings, change the draft talent to +100%....this actually tends to be the most accurate setting.

Thanks, I'll try that going forward... hope my central issue doesn't get lost, though.

pirate66
09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
I can't figure out the ratings either. You are correct that there are many players whose overall are lower than most or all of the individual ratings.

It is somewhat deceiving because you will look at a lineman who is rated in the mid seventies but his individual blocking ratings could be in the mid to upper eighties.

There must be something else that we don't see because the AI often knows that this player is better than a younger player with a higher overall.

But I have also noticed that overalls change up and down over the course of the season.

I have a backup running back rated at 79/79. I put him in the starter role and after a week he is an 82/82. Take him back out and a week later he is a 78/78.

dannymac910
09-26-2008, 05:02 PM
That's a weird bug.

pirate66
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm not sure it is a bug. Would have to look at the commish ratings. But I still don't think a peak rating should be moving up and down like that.