PDA

View Full Version : Trades for no players...

turk96
07-24-2002, 02:34 AM
I accidentily made a trade with a computer opponent for no player and it went through. In other words, I gave him the player for nothing after removing the player he offered me from his offer box. I tried it in reverse and it does not work...gives you a "Try putting someone in the Offer Box" message. I assume this is a glitch of some sort.

turk

turk96
07-24-2002, 02:43 AM
I'd call this a 3 star glitch, just for the fact I was irritated I lost a player for no compensation.

turk

Miketay77
07-24-2002, 03:29 PM
I don't think that is a glitch. Sometimes the only way to trade a high priced dud is to give him away. You get cap relief, he gets the player. Then again, you could always just release him and get the same result.

turk96
07-24-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure. I would think that would be illegal in the NFL to just give a player to another team without some form of compensation. As you say, I could just release the player and let someone pick him up. This way, only the team I give him to has a shot at him. Smells of colusion.

turk

MessiahRp
07-24-2002, 10:43 PM
Another trick I have used quite often, and it doesn't always work, but more times than not it does. I'll end up with say the 29th pick in the first round and offer to trade it even up for the #1-5 pick. They take the trade... even up... I don't have to throw players or cash compensation in at all...

Now that's cheating because most teams have to give up 2-3 more higher round picks, a midrange player off their roster, and future considerations to swing a deal for a top 6 pick.

Also, I believe that if we're talking making the game realistic, we should take a cap hit by releasing players. I can sign a guy to a mucho huge deal and drop him like a bad habit with no repricussions. Capenomics is a tough pull but if we're talking being a real GM then this is a good idea to put in the game, at least at Mogul mode.

Rp

rblackburn
07-24-2002, 11:30 PM
About the trade for nothin', although highly unlikely to actually happen in real life, it definitely is not a glitch. You can do this in every version of BB Mogul I have played as well.(99, 2000, 2002, and 2003)
I do agree that this should be changed though. In the NFL I think Tag's would definitely veto such a trade as collusion.

As far as trading draft picks goes, I haven't tried that, 'cause it never occured to me that it would go through. That should be improved upon as well. Come to think of it though, it might be a rare circumstance where the team wouldn't have been able to afford to sign a top pick, as I have tried to trade a first round from the next season's draft straight up for a first rounder in the draft after that, and no team would do it. ( I only tried a handful before I gave up)