PDA

View Full Version : Question About NFLPA Licence

Miketay77
07-18-2002, 06:02 PM
The past Football Mogul had fake players. I was under the impression that this would as well. The beta has real players. I'm assuming they are just to make it easy on us looking for bugs, but I'm not sure.

Also, on the Leaders screen you can clearly see an old Patriot helmet, a Chicago Bear and a Green Bay Packer helmet. Is is safe to say that these background images are going to be replaced?

Clay Dreslough
07-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Miketay77
The past Football Mogul had fake players. I was under the impression that this would as well. The beta has real players. I'm assuming they are just to make it easy on us looking for bugs, but I'm not sure.

That's basically it. We are working on some database import tools to make it easy to get players into your game.

Also, on the Leaders screen you can clearly see an old Patriot helmet, a Chicago Bear and a Green Bay Packer helmet. Is is safe to say that these background images are going to be replaced?

Yes. They will be replaced.

MessiahRp
07-23-2002, 06:51 PM
So to clarify (and not trying to sound stupid), the new FBM will not have the license of the NFLPA like BBM has for the MLBPA?

Hmmm... That might hurt in store sales when the average fan doesn't see NFL players attached to the product. Especially since not everybody knows about how to acquire updated patches.

Anyways, just curious, how much does a license from the two players' association run anyways? I understand the NFL is a more popular entity but is it a large difference?

Rp