PDA

View Full Version : Bugs with changing player position

21C
07-15-2002, 02:29 AM
There doesn't seem to be a huge problem if you want to change a player's position to something close to what he already plays. Change a RB to a WR or a LB to a DE and the ratings come out fairly realistic.

If you try to change a player to a vastly different position then the game comes up with some astronomical numbers.

I started a new game and changed Arizona QB Jake Plummer to a DE. He ended up with Pass Rush of 3041 and Turnovers of 4409. He turned into an awesome end that got 9 sacks a game.

I turned a LB into a kicker with FG Accuracy 100 and Reliability 387. He was attempting about 10 FG a game and most of these were of 50 yards or more.

The other thing that happens is that the Offense and Defense windows get screwed up. Using the Plummer example again, this caused the starters on offense to be completely blank with all of the players shown on the bench. It also showed the defensive bench to be blank with only staters displayed.

WhosTheBestCop
07-25-2002, 11:47 PM
Got the same thing changed McNab to defense player and he is a walking god. With insane ratings in the thousands.

using FBM 2.0.7.0 beta

Also it looks like any player switched to kicker/punter has awesome ratings. Offensive Lineman also seem to make great RB,WR, Def Linemen and TE if their Offensive Lineman ratings are high. WR seem to make good defensive ends and horrible cornerbacks. This needs to be looked at. Players ratings really get screwed up!

Another possibility is just players with great ratings in their current postion make great players in a majority of postions when changed.

It would also be good if their postion was highlighted to appear as more of a button. Shorter postion names cause you to click empty blue space to switch postion so you are not actually clicking on the postion name.

Nimreitz
07-25-2002, 11:56 PM
A way to correct this would be to rate every player in every category, and display more than 4-5 for each player.

And since they will be fictional players, Offensive Linemen would have recieving between 10-20, rushing between 5-10, and blocking from 60-100 or such.

WhosTheBestCop
07-25-2002, 11:59 PM
forgot to attach the image. here it is.

natey
07-26-2002, 02:05 AM
This is a bug that definatly needs to be looked at. I currently have a back up quarterback playing LB and getting many interceptions and TDs a game. and I also have Az-Zahir Hakim as my kicker (WR originally) he has not kicked a single PAT successfully yet in 17 attempts. Yet he has single-handedly carried my team by making all 25 (in 3 games) attempts of a field goal. Oh yeah his long is 97 yds. And he is also asking for 71,000,000 dollars in negotiation.

UpdateUpdateUpdateUpdateUpdateUpdate

For anyone who cares i just witnessed a 111 yd FG the best ive seen so far.