PDA

View Full Version : When?

Brent
06-29-2001, 08:57 PM
When is another addition of Football Mogul going to come out?

And what are the chances of making it sim faster than the current version?

ericthemogul
07-11-2001, 08:42 PM
I'm not seeing many posts for football mogul, but seeing how I enjoyed the game so much, I'd like to add my thoughts:

I'm looking forward to the next release of football mogul as well.

I don't want to see a lot of changes, but I would like to see the following features, in order of priority, in the next addition:

Must-have:
1. Updated rosters, players, player stats, player ratings and player salaries.
2. Display of cumulative career stats broken down by season.
3. Play-by-play (like in Baseball Mogul '99).
4. Less buggy trading (often get crashes when trading away future draft picks). I've been able to circumvent this by always saving the game prior to doing a trade.

Hopeful:
1. A newspaper (like in Baseball Mogul '99).

Thanks,
ericthemogul

thegecko
07-12-2001, 11:55 AM
Unfortunatly I've never had the opprotunity to play football mogul. How does it compare to other football games that are on the market?

ericthemogul
07-12-2001, 02:17 PM
Gecko,

To answer your question, Football Mogul is the only football sim that I've ever played.

But, I can compare it to Baseball Mogul '99 (I've only played BM1 and BM99; I didn't purchase BM2K because I didn't want to sacrifice play-by-play and real rosters).

Football Mogul is very similar to BM99 with some exceptions:
Obviously the player rating categories are football-related. There is no newspaper or play-by-play. There is a draft at the end of every season to draft collegiate players. There is a team salary cap that you cannot exceed. You can give players signing bonuses to reduce the effect their salaries have against the team salary cap. There are probably some other differences (it's been a while since I'm played FM), but those are the ones that come to mind.

- ericthemogul

Jeff Olsen
07-12-2001, 03:43 PM
The next version of Football Mogul needs to take NFL Europe into account and add the Football eqivalent to AAA baseball. Several NFL teams put a up & coming players in NFL Europe to give them playing experience; a manager in Mogul should have the option to do the same.

thegecko
07-13-2001, 07:30 PM
Thanks Eric. Knowing that it is very simular to BBM99 make my decision a definate yes as to wether I want to get the game or not. Any word on when the possible release could be? Thanks again.

ozias
07-20-2001, 12:03 PM
Gecko

If you want a very challenging football game then I recommend Front Office Football. I've played both FOF and FM, the FM interface is basically the same as BM, and if you save like Eric said in his post before you trade draft picks it isn't so bad.....I myself got tired of the crashes and quit playing FM.

The reason I went to FM was because of the demise of Front Page Sports Football, they were the ones who started it all, but could never capitalize on the game. They keep releasing the same game year in and year out with updated rosters, but the game never got better.

The FOF got started by Jim Gindin, and has been a great challenge. His 2nd version, FOF2, I don't think you can buy anymore, but the 3rd release FOF2001, you can get thru EA Sports. The 2nd and 3rd release were both sold thru EA Sports actually. The 2001 version has some known problems with VooDoo video card, yes I am one of them, but if you move the slider bar for Hardware Acceleration in your computer you won't have any problems. The other thing with the 2001 series, is the backup players demand a huge salary that isn't realistic. But it won't allow you to stockpile players like you could i the previous versions. If you have some restraint you will find it to be very fun and challenging. I've read on other forums that some people will try to get every 1st round pick they can with players they know that they won't keep on there team, which isn't realistic either. But all in all, it is a good game to play.

I play FOF2 more than FOF2001. But I also play BBM2K in an online league, and I play BM2K2 at home, and OOTP with a ficitional 16 team league, and I am looking forward to PureSim BB when it is released, right now I have the public release but haven't delved into it to far just yet to see how much fun/challenging it is.

Wow, I didn't realize I went on for so long.

John

PS- I hope this helps out a little.

thegecko
07-21-2001, 04:01 PM
Thanks John,
It always helps to hear the input of other people who have played the game before. I don't know which one I will get, as I think I'll have to use the wait and see approach.

DeViLz
07-24-2001, 12:37 AM
Front Page Sports Pro Football 96 was awesome and so was Sports Illustrated presents MicroLeague Pro Football 97 .... I absolutely love both games but have found that football sims have alot more trouble reproducing QB numbers correctly for a season than anything that ever happens in a baseball sim ..... so QB's numbers are the only draw back for those games ..... I haven't tried fooling around with the ratings to improve the numbers simmed so I have no comments on editing these games n such ......

Football sims are alot of fun and quite frankly the most anticipated sports season to come is always football .... it is just so much fun !!!!

nysteinbrenner
08-21-2001, 05:45 PM
When will a new version of FM come out?

Hopefully soon, but I suspect it'll be whenever Clay & Co. find the time. Right now BBM is the bread-and-butter product (and rightfully so). :)